Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Importance of Not Being Certain

Charlie Martin nails it and Galileo would be proud. 
From pjmedia:  "There’s this thing “science” that people talk about a lot. Climate science, political science, social science, and not to leave out my own field, computer science. And, of course, areas of study that don’t need to have “science” in their names, like chemistry and physics. But what is this thing “science”? I’ve been thinking a lot and reading a lot about it, and no, I don’t have a final answer… and then it occurred to me that “I don’t have a final answer” is really the key to understanding “science.” more
 Science is NEVER 'settled.' Think so huh? Well you're a simpleton.
If you are foolish enough to believe that science is ever 'settled' your sentence and your challenge is to read two books by Carl Sagan: The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
and  Broca's Brain: Reflections on the Romance of Science
For the rest of you critical thinkers, if you haven't noticed, the unthinking bellowing mob still continues to engage in the cult of personality leader worship.
Only starvation, sickness and large amounts of ammunition will solve this problem.
Tempus fugit
Patriots: Organize, Prepare, Train!
 "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment