Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Situational Awareness

photo-safari tourist being sized up for supper
Do you think that she knows that she is being stalked? I doubt it.
From Sierra 12 Defensive Studies Group:
"Situational awareness is the process of being observant to our surroundings.  This isn't just what you can see, it is also what you can hear and smell.  Situational awareness includes the understanding of intangible ideas, experiences, knowledge and intuition.  Situational awareness is something we live and breath, it isn't just when we are “going out-on-the-town that we turn on and become situationally aware.  Situational awareness is a lifestyle, we live it every day, all the time.  We are observant of the news and current affairs at the local-regional-world level, we take into account events, meaningful dates or anniversaries, we look at all the influences in our surroundings and attempt to synthesize an initial risk assessment." more
My Drill Sergeant taught me to "pay attention to detail." Later on I learned when patrolling to look up into the trees. I'm grateful that the lesson didn't cost me my life. Be aware of your surroundings.
If you want to live.

Patriots: Organize, Prepare, Train!

No comments:

Post a Comment